Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Basking

There are times when I feel rushed in my time with the Lord.  People, tasks, other stuff, pulls at my ability to concentrate on what I am reading.  It is a little hard to believe, but I am more interested in the meaningless than standing before God in His throne room.
Do you, like me, ever feel rushed in your time with God?  Thoughts at DTTB.
This afternoon I was better.  I will not claim to have been completely absorbed, but the majesty of the creator drew me in.  The time was unhurried, calm, I was pulled gently from passage to passage – how that works for me is while reading or thinking through a passage another passage or phrase from that passage comes to mind, I then either turn there or do a quick search for the combination of words that came to mind, usually that leads me to the passage that came to mind…

I do this with my journal open and a set of colored pens with which to capture the thoughts on the blank pages.

It was a rich time.  I have a lot to share from it.  But the direction seemed to be – the thing that I felt compelled to share was encouragement to just bask in His Word.

This is not an instant kind of fix, it takes some time and it takes making a choice not to do other things.  It is well worth the investment of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment