Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Christian Consumerism

Why work when someone else is willing to do it for you?  Why engage when you can shift your recliner into high gear and comfortably gaze.  What is the point of struggling with the discipline of Bible study when the notes below the line in your study Bible have the answers?  Why struggle with a hard concept like predestination when my denomination has already determined how that all works?
I read all of the latest Christian books; I do not need to study the Bible...  Thoughts at DTTB.
If I go to church and Sunday school regularly isn’t that what a Christian does?  I mean, what else is there?  Hey, I am really committed; I go to a small group!  I read “Wild at Heart!”  I went to a seminar on _______ here is the notebook.  Matter of fact, I have a lot of notebooks.

I do not need to really learn to dig into the Word for myself.  That is for the pastors, teachers, authors – I will learn from them.  There is no way that something that is in print could be wrong.  Christian publishers would not publish something that is not Biblical…

2 Peter 2:1 – 3.  2 Corinthians 11:13 – 14.  1 Timothy 4:1 – 3.  Galatians 1:6 – 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment