Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Capacity

When I was in college, and even as late as when I was in seminary, I could get away with very little sleep.  During seminary I averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night for that four year stretch.  My recovery was about a day from an all nighter.
As we get older our capacity decreases, how do we continue to be most effective then in serving the Lord...  Thoughts at DTTB.
Last week I took two trips in which I did not reach my destination until after 3 AM.  I have not recovered yet.

As we get older – more mature as my father likes to put it – our physical capacity diminishes.  That is why it is so important that we steward well the resources we have been given by God.  He gave them to us for a particular purpose.  As my friend Dave Jewitt likes to say, one of the reasons we face diminished capacity as we mature is so we will function in the purpose for which God uniquely and sovereignly designed us.

Just doing the normal Christian stuff is not our ultimate purpose.  We need to be about that for which he designed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment