Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Release

A couple of days ago I was working through Psalm 139:23 - 24, you probably have the passage memorized.
Rather than try to fix ourselves.  We have to allow the Lord to do that...  Thoughts at DTTB.
I noticed some things I had not noticed before.  David asks the Lord to know David’s heart, to know his anxious thoughts, and to see his ways.  He does not ask him to reveal what the Lord sees to David.  David does ask the Lord to lead him.  So that could be construed as reveling but not explicitly.

My reaction to that was what is the use of that?  I want the Lord to tell me what He finds when he pokes around in there.  That way I will know what it is I need to work on to get better, more Christ like…  Then light began to dawn…

Working on me does not turn out so well.  That seems to be the point of Romans 7:19 – 25.  It seems like it would be a better plan to engage in the counterpoint of Romans 8:1 – 17.  That is follow Christ through the Spirit and allow His transforming work in my life…

It seems as if the best course is to release my commitment to improvement and trust that to the one who created me in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment