Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Push Back

We need each other.  As I have told you here before I have a Tuesday morning study with some men who I collectively have know for about 130 years.  They are an incredible resource for several reasons.
We - at least I - need men I trust to give me feedback on my ideas.  Thoughts at DTTB.
First, they do not let me get away with anything.

Second, I respect each of their understanding of the Word of God.

Third, I actively seek out their opinion.

That happened last week.  I saw something in Ephesians that I wanted them to think through with me.  I sent them a portion of my study.  One of the men sent me back a long response and partial critique.  I am traveling this week and have not had time to look at it in detail, but scanning it I can tell there is both some valuable insight there along with some things that on the first read with which I may not agree.

But he did me the honor of working through my thinking and responding in kind.  I need that.  You need that.  It is more valuable than words can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment