Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, November 30, 2015

No Title

In the Entrusting Truth workshops I encourage men to come up with a memorable title for each section of a book and for the book as a whole.  I suggest that the title should be no more than five words long.  That is not always an easy exercise.  Many of the men don’t limit themselves.  One of my sons just refuses to do it.
No Title

Tomorrow morning the Tuesday group is in John 2.  I have titles for each of the paragraphs, titles that I can remember and help me remember the content.  But for the life of me I cannot come up with a title for the section.

I have been thinking about it all day.  Just spent some time reviewing the paragraphs.  There is a lot of good stuff in there but I cannot seem to synthesize what is happening in the chapter.  There is foreshadowing of the death and resurrection of the Lord.  There is the water to wine thing.  There is the cleaning of the temple.  There is the situation where people are believing Christ because of the signs but He is not believing in them, there is a really interesting word play in that paragraph in the Greek that is lost in English.

But I can’t put it together.

Sometimes that is the way it is…

No comments:

Post a Comment