Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Reproof and Wisdom

I was reading earlier today Psalm 141:5.  There are times when I read a passage that others that deal with similar themes pop into mind.  That happened today.  That led me to start looking at the cross-references in my Bible.  That lead me to the following passages starting with Psalm 145:5
Reproof and Wisdom
  • Psalm 145:5
  • Proverbs 6:23
  • Proverbs 8:33
  • Proverbs 9:8 – 9
  • Proverbs 10:8
  • Proverbs 13:18
  • Proverbs 15:5
  • Proverbs 15:31 – 32
  • Proverbs 19:25
  • Proverbs 21:11
  • Proverbs 25:12
  • Proverbs 27:6
  • Ecclesiastes 7:5
  • Ecclesiastes 9:17
  • Matthew 7:24
  • Galatians 6:1
  • Hebrews 3:13
My conclusion is that not only should I be open to the reproof of those who are walking closely with the Lord, I should be seeking that reproof, that is wisdom.  Secondly, I need to be faithful to build into the lives of those whom the Lord has brought into my life to speak clearly into their lives.

Not always easy, on either side of the equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment