Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, August 29, 2014

Weeping

This morning the Moroccan pastor and I were in Jeremiah 9.  There are two observations from our time this morning I will save one until later – I was going to say tomorrow, but it already is…
Ever try to hold back tears?  Why?  Thoughts at DTTB.
We talked through Jeremiah’s weeping over Judah.  The comment my friend made was that he does not see many people in his communities who are willing to weep over some aspect of the Christian life.  He feels that they do not want to be seen as weak.  That they are not interested in pouring their hearts out for God.

As I thought through this it occurred to me that our tears are like a sacrifice before the Lord.  Coming to Him weeping over something is incredibly vulnerable.  It is an admission of complete dependence, helplessness, and trust.  It is a release of our protective facades, our strategies to make it work… it is admitting that it won’t work and trusting Him for a solution.

I am still working through this.  Open to your thoughts on this.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I am moved to tears during prayer, mostly in the moments of expression my trust in and dependence on God. It happens both in private and in public. I yet need to learn hate and weep over my own sins.

    ReplyDelete