Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, August 25, 2014

Patience Before Him

Psalm 40:1 – 3 is a great passage for meditation.  I have written about this before but there is much here.

I am a type A personality, on the risk aversion test I was a 10, which being interpreted, means that I am not averse to risk in the least.  I am a driver-driver in one instrument, high hostile in another.  All of the personality tests I have taken, come to the same conclusion, patience is not one of my strong suits.

Is it hard for you to wait?  It is for me...  Thoughts at DTTB.
Neither is sitting still.  Which kind of goes hand in hand with the patience thing.

Yet we are to call on Him, waiting patiently.  Since He formed me intentionally, Psalm 139:13 – 16, I could go with the notion that it is His fault that I am impatient and that it is really not fair since He created me this way to ask me to be so…  But, that dog won’t hunt.

I am getting a new dose of this reality, recovering from rotator cuff surgery.  I get to sit in a passive motion machine for 6 hours a day essentially doing nothing.  Can’t type, can’t really read… oh – I just thought, I can pray.  That is going to be a challenge…  Not my strength, but what an opportunity.

So you see it seems that the Lord wants us to commit His design of us to Him.  To place the way He created us under His Lordship, and to trust Him to use the way He made us in His time in His way for His purpose.

That is actually rather exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment