Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fear, the Pathway to Trust

While Psalm 56:3 – 4 has been the subject of two other posts, here and here, take a look again.
What does our fear tell us?  Thoughts at DTTB.
Larry Crabb tells us that when we fell frustration or anger that is like an idiot light on our dashboard telling us that our goals are wrong.  Here, David is telling us that fear functions similarly.

David’s response to fear?  Trust God.  Not my first response.  In the earlier posts I have already analyzed what equips David to respond this way, so I won’t repeat that here.  But think about the import of what David is saying here.  If my response to a situation is fear, the idiot light is blinking, that should tell me that I am not trusting.  In the car if the OIL light comes on, I am supposed to check the oil ASAP.  If the TEMP light comes on, I better be getting off the road, like now!  So if the FEAR light comes on, I need to check my trust, now.

We read that God has a plan for us.  That thread permeates the Word.  If that is the case, and God is truly sovereign, and we are intent on following Him, we have no reason to fear.  Things may be uncomfortable, dangerous, life threatening, but we are His instruments.  We are fashioned for His purposes, for His glory.  We are to trust Him with His use of us.

I never said it was an easy pathway.

No comments:

Post a Comment