Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, September 6, 2013

The Pursuit of Righteousness

Reading this morning in Matthew 5:1 – 6:18 I was struck by – you know this is not the first time I have read this passage; it seems as if whenever I get back here there is something new.  Is that not your experience?  Anyway, Matthew 5:6 stopped me.  You know it, you probably have it memorized, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.”  I wondered what it meant to hunger and thirst for righteousness.
What does it mean to hunger and thirst for righteousness?  Thoughts at DTTB.
Does it mean that we hunger and thirst to live righteously?  To live a holy life?  Truth be told, that is probably how I have viewed this verse in the past.  If I really strive to live a righteous and holy life, I will be satisfied.  Not sure that is what Christ is saying here.

Two thoughts have been bouncing around in my head most of the day.  First, Christ is the only one who is righteous.  Second, Psalm 42:1 – 2 the deer panting for water…  The thought seems to be that I need to hunger and thirst for Christ.  He is righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment