Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Priorities

I am sitting in Huntsville, Texas in my dad’s office.  We are about 55 miles from Kyle Field.  I am wearing an A&M shirt and my dad, my brother, and I just finished watching the A&M, Alabama game.  For all of this week, really for the last 10 months there has been a great deal of attention given to this game and to the players.  Rightly so, it was entertaining, very.
Do you ever get distracted?  Thoughts at DTTB.
I do not want to be one of those people who are always pointing out that when we get excited about something other than our relationship with Christ we should somehow feel guilt that we do not pursue Christ with the same passion, and I am not.  After all God created these men.  He gave them the talent and the ability to do what they do.  He gave the idea of football to us.  Last year I wrote about the experience when I watched the game with a monolithic crowd of Aggies.  It is good, fun stuff.

I found myself this week though, spending probably more time than I should following the pre-game conversations.  It did take me away from some things I should have done.  Do not get me wrong, it was good, it was fun, it was entertaining.  But I did not do a very good job of managing my time in pursuit of that good, fun, and entertaining.

I find that managing the time I spend on the good in order to give myself to the best is a constant battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment