Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

One of Those Days

It was…  I was busy.  Couple of conference calls, on hold with the IRS for thirty minutes, twice.  Ran some errands.  Went to the bank.  Worked out.  Made some phone calls.  Wrote some emails, and sent out a prayer request.  Looking back on the day there was not a whole lot that seemed all that earth shaking.
One of Those Days
Much of our life is like that, or at least mine is.  The thing that I have to keep reminding myself is that I am supposed to do all of that mundane stuff as to the Lord, Colossians 3:17, 23.  Both verses start with “Whatever you do…”

Driving to the bank, as to the Lord…  What would that look like?  Picking up some vitamins for my wife, as to the Lord…  Would that mean that I would be more patient with the people that got in my way?  How do I represent Christ to those people who are at the other end of the pneumatic tubes at the two banks in which I made deposits?  Did the way I interacted with people in all of the places I needed to go reflect well on my Lord?  Did my conversations with the IRS agents draw them closer to Him?

There “wasn’t much going on” but in reality I interacted directly with at least 15 people, and several more on the streets saw how I drove…

…as to the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment