Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Rest

I tend to be a workaholic.  I work long hours.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are the longest.  I start at about 6 AM and finish after 10 PM.  Part of that is that most of the people with whom I meet work during the day, so if I am going to meet with them it is going to be early or late.
Ever feel that you have to keep going even if you are tired?  Thoughts at DTTB.
That works for a relatively long time, and then my body rebels.  I get tired and need to sleep for a day or so…  Those days are getting closer together.  It is, at some level, frustrating.  At another level a friend of mine reminds me that it is God’s way of forcing us to make choices to be the most effective with our time.

Today has been one of those down days.  It is interesting to me that in the midst of this I am working through Hebrews.  The pictures the writer paints of Christ sitting down, of God resting from work, and of believers entering into rest are an interesting juxtaposition with where I am today.

Those of us that are like me, seem to think that we always have to be doing something.  Sometimes we just need to rest.  Today is like that for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment