Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Bible Study Demo Part 3

The focus today is the five conditional statements in 1 John 1:6 – 10.
Tomorrow we will begin to work back through the text making more observations.  Most of us move past this stage of our Bible study too quickly.  In fact as I was reviewing this section this afternoon I saw several things that I had not seen in multiple previous passes through this section.

There is a lot here.  I will point some of them out as we go and suggest ways to capture what you are seeing as we work through this.

I am working in Microsoft Word 2013.  I do most of my Bible study in Word.  If you get lost in how I am using Word let me know and I will tell you in more detail how and why I am doing what I am doing.

Posts in this series
Part 8
Part 7
Part 6
Part 5
Part 4
Part 2
Part 1

2 comments:

  1. Neat way to add implied 'then' for clarity.
    Suggestion: may be use different colors for various structural markers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is your choice. I do not use color other than yellow, which is for structural markers, for any specific purpose. I am not smart enough to keep track. I use it primarily to track repetition, either highlighting or changing the font color of words or phrases that are repeated.

      Yellow tells me that it is structure. It may become clearer as we get further along in the demo.

      Delete