|The following men are my "Yodas"|
- Harry Steck – handed me three sheets of paper in 1973 I still have and equip men with today, verse analysis study.
- Chuck Steen – challenged and demonstrated to me commitment to the study and application of God’s Word.
- Terry Cook – gave me 8 cassette tapes by Howard Hendricks on Synthetic Bible Study (you can find them here at Discipleship Library, scroll down until you see the eight messages... they are listed alphabetically by title...). Invited me to join his study to learn this method.
- Pastor whose name I do not remember at a Bible church in Selma who let me copy his notes from Hendricks class at Dallas Seminary.
- Larry Whitehouse – placed a barrier of 20 hours of study between me and the ministry each week teaching meme that my first job in ministry is mastery of the Scripture.
- Howard Hendricks – first through tapes and then at DTS taking his course and grading his leadership class.
- Dave Jewitt – encouraged me to be more intentional in equipping men in the Word.
The point of all this is that we are members of a body. Paul tells us that in 1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12, and Ephesians 4. We cannot and will not navigate this Christian journey successfully, without significant help and influence from others in the Body.
It is good that we remember that and remember and thank God for them.