Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Who Me?

You ever find the Bible humorous?  Look at Jeremiah 1:3 – 4 – we do not usually associate that book with
humor, but humor me (sorry about the play on words).  In verse three the Lord outlines His program for Jeremiah, look at what He says:
When God asks you to do something do you ever think He must have gotten it wrong>  Thoughts at DTTB.
  • I formed you in the womb
  • I knew you before you were born
  • I consecrated you 
  • I have appointed you a prophet
Pretty clear.  This assignment has been set down since before Jeremiah’s birth.

Now look at Jeremiah’s response, essentially he says, “Who, me?  You must have the wrong Jeremiah, I am just a kid and can’t talk.”  It’s funny because that is a lot of our responses to God’s call is it not?  “You want me to do what?  I am sorry I think you must have the wrong number.”

Like the sovereign creator of the universe would get it wrong.  But we resist.  There are a number of reasons for that.  The most generous is that we are humble and overwhelmed by God entrusting us with something to do.  The worst may be that we simply do not want to obey.  Either way we resist.

It’s humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment