Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, October 25, 2013

What Is the Best?

Yesterday I was reading in Psalm 17.  The last phrase of verse 3 through verse 5 got my attention.  In my journal I wrote that I don’t think there has ever been a time in my life that I could honestly pray that with David.
Do you know the best way that connects you to Christ?  Thoughts at DTTB.
As I reflected on that scripture memory came to mind.  Why?  Because without a doubt that has been the discipline that has most impacted my apprenticeship with Christ.  I have not written about that much here because the discipline has slipped in the past 20 years.  The academic load in seminary made it nearly impossible to invest the time to memorize new passages or review old ones.  After the four years the habit was gone.

Psalm 119:9, 11 tells me that hiding God’s word in my heart is essential to following Christ well.  Jeremiah 15:16 echoes that reality.  So I dug around and found my verse pack.  Dusted off the cards that were in there and I am going attempt to reignite the process.  It does not make me more complete in my relationship with Christ.  For me it just helps me stay more connected to what He has already done for me.  Further, as Jeremiah wrote it becomes a joy.

If you are interested in getting started in Scripture memory, and I would highly encourage you to do that, the Topical Memory System published by the Navigators is a good, proven, time tested way to get started.

Scripture memory is just about the best way for me to stay connected.  If you do not know what yours is you need to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment