Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Gladness

Psalm 100 has been a source of encouragement for my life for nearly all of the time I have known Christ.  Today was yet another example.
How do we adjust our attitude when we do not want to?  Thoughts at DTTB.
I am tired.  It has been a long summer for us.  A lot of change.  A lot of emotional, mental, and spiritual stress.  For the past few months I have been preparing for a weeklong Bible conference in another country, a country where the primary language is not Texan, Alabamian, or Oklahomian, the three languages that I speak rather fluently.  So I have been working to get the Bible verses, the handout, and the PowerPoint presentations both assembled and translated into the language of that area.  I leave next Saturday and it is still not done.  If it is not, it will not be the end of the world.  But the uncertainty is dragging on me.

On top of that we have experienced the joy of our third grandchild’s birth, the marriage of our youngest son, our middle son clearing a major hurdle in his career, and my father battling cancer.

On a weekly basis I meet with several men to look at the Scripture together and work with another man’s ministry to support him in what he is doing.  All of the stuff in the Bible and with thes men are things I really enjoy.  I am honored to be able to work with the people in the Bible conference and looking forward to see what God is going to do there.

But I am tired.  The circumstances of our life in the past eight months as conspired to get me in that state.  So I am looking at this week, last minute stuff for two days on an airplane, thirty six hours of instruction, and 24 hours on a plane back, and the weariness was winning.  Then I read Psalm 100:2, the first phrase, “Serve the Lord with gladness…” and I remembered.  Yeah, I am glad, excited, privileged, and honored to be able to serve Him in this manner.

That is one of the things I appreciate about the Word.  It reminds me and reorients me through the turbulence of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment