Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Credit

If one were to suggest that I am not a fan of the current occupant of the oval office one would be engaging in epic understatement.  However, when he says something that is true, even if it was said for the wrong reasons and purpose, it should be acknowledged.  Unless you have been on a two week backpacking trip in the deep wilderness you will be aware of the president’s remarks at Roanoke, Va.  Speaking of entrepreneurs he stated, “If you’ve got a business. You didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”  As one who has started three businesses when I heard that I was incredulous.  But…
All that we have we have received, but we are responsible to use it to the Glory of God.
This morning I was reading in Psalm 72, verse 18 says that God alone works wonders.  I do not know if this ever happens to you, but that verse spun me out into thinking through my reaction to the above event.  The Lord brought several other passages to mind, Deuteronomy 8:6; Psalm 75:6 – 7; 1 Corinthians 4:7.  The truth in what the president said is that my ability to work, my gifts, talents, personality, drive, all of that is a gift from God; regardless of whether I acknowledge Him or not, He is the one who created me and gave me not only the gifts but also the opportunities I have had in life.  In that sense the president was correct and as believers we should be grateful to the Lord for the gifts and opportunities He has given us acknowledging His gifts.

On the other hand we are responsible to be good stewards of the gifts and opportunities we have been given.  1 Peter 4:10, as well as other passages, like the one we looked at yesterday, tell us this.

So as a believer I have to acknowledge that yes, in whatever I have accomplished I have been empowered by God.  Further I bear the responsibility to use that empowerment to and for His glory.  His is the credit, mine is the responsibility to serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment