Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, January 1, 2016

Taking the Priesthood to Heart

New Year’s Resolution?
Yesterday I asked how last year went.  I am not big on resolutions.  They smack too near legalism and performance rather than living by grace for my taste.  However, this evening I spent some time in Malachi 2.  That was not where I started, but that is where the Lord took me.
Taking the Priesthood to Heart
The Charge to Priests
I was challenged by Malachi 2:2.  In the context the Levites have not taken their duty seriously, they have not taken it to heart.  Malachi 2:7 outlines what the Lord expects of His priests.  He tells them that when they do not take their responsibility to heart, He will curse them.  It is not a good thing to be cursed by God.

We are Priests
As I was working through this passage several other passages came to mind, namely 2 Thessalonians 1:11 – 12 and 1 Peter 2:5, 9.  The import of those passages is that as believers we are all priests.  It occurs to me that I need to, as the Lord tells the Levitical priests, take that to heart.  I need to both pray for others 2 Thessalonians 1:11 – 12, as well as pray that for myself.

Our Charge
Like the priests in Malachi 2, I need to honor the name of the Lord with my life.  If 1 Peter 2:5, 9, is true all of us as believers are responsible to do the same.

Might be something to consider as we go forward this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment