Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Asking Questions

The Source
Working through Acts 9 this afternoon, 10 – 19 raised some questions for me – does that happen to you?  When you are reading do you wonder what is going on and why?  Do you write the questions you have down?  You should.
Asking Questions
The Context
You know the context of Acts 9.  Saul, the chief persecutor of the Church is on his way to Damascus to wreak havoc on the Body.  But, Jesus stops Saul in his tracks by meeting him on the road, blinding him, and instructing him to go into the city and wait for instructions.

The Questions
Here is where the questions came for me.  Rather than show up again He sends Ananias.  Why?  If He could stop Paul on the road why not come to the city and give instructions?

This was intentional.  There is purpose here.  There are implications.  But what are they?  So my questions are:
  1. What were the lessons for Paul in this?
  2. What were the lessons for Ananias in this?
  3. What are the lessons for me in this?
What do you think?  Take a shot.  I will share my thoughts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment