Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Irritants

Bothersome
What bothers you?  What is it that gets your blood flowing?  What is it about your Church that gets under your skin?
Irritants
I heard one person this morning complaining about something to do with the music that was being played in the service.  I know of churches that have split over the color of the carpet.  I know a pastor who left his church because he did not tell enough stories, he shared too much from the Scripture.  I know of those who will raise holy heck if their pet theological position, whether they understand or can support it from Scripture or not, is challenged.  I have heard complaints that the music was too loud or not loud enough…

Not Bothersome?
I do not remember ever hearing someone complain that the pastor was not focused enough on discipleship.  Nor do I remember hearing a complaint that the pastor was not exhorting the flock enough to get into the Word.  I can’t recall anyone ever complaining that the staff did not rebuke enough.  I haven’t heard anyone complain that the equipping ministry of the church was not up to snuff.

What is Important?
I can’t find any passage in the Old or New Testament on the color of the carpet, the type and volume of the music.

I do find in Ephesians 4:11 – 16 that the leaders are supposed to equip.  I read in 2 Timothy 4:1 – 2 that the leader of a body is supposed to proclaim the Word continually, he is to reprove, rebuke, exhort, and instruct.  He is supposed to reprove severely, Titus 1:13 and he is supposed to do that so that no one ignores him, Titus 2:15.

I wonder what bothers us says about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment