Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, July 28, 2014

Abiding in Hope

Psalm 39:7 (I wrote about this verse earlier here) recaptured my attention this morning.  Note the parallel between wait and hope in the passage.  That made me wonder about the connection to abiding.  As you know we are exhorted to abide in Christ and His Word in John 15:1 – 16.
What is the relationship between waiting and hope?  Thoughts at DTTB.
The Septuagint (LXX) is the Greek version of the Old Testament.  A lot of the quotations in the New Testament were quotations of the LXX.  So I pulled open my copy to Psalm 39 to see what Greek Word was used to translate wait in Psalm 39:7.  It turns out that the word is in the same family as the word that is translated abide in John 15.

It makes sense.  What I wait for, that in which I abide is that in which I hope.  As when I wrote about this before, there is much for which I wait that is not the Lord.

It was my prayer today to increase my waiting for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment