Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Are We There Yet?

If you have been on a trip with another person, especially if that other person is a child or a number of children, you have heard that question.  Usually, often.  Usually, accompanied by, “How much longer?”
You ever heard that question?  You ever ask it?  Thoughts at DTTB.
You were not the first.

Moses beat you to it.  Look at Numbers 21:4 – 5.  It may be the first road trip with young children recorded for us.  At least the Israelites were acting like children.
  • They were impatient because of the journey
  • They loathed the miserable food
Fun times for Moses.

I was rebuked by this passage.  There are many times that I am impatient with the journey on which the Lord has me.  I want things to move quicker.  I want to have a greater impact more quickly.  I loathe some of the things that I have to do to make life work.  It seems that in a lot of respects I am just like the complaining Israelites.

I was reminded by this passage that it is God who is directing the journey, in His time, not mine.  I was reminded that I need to be thankful for what “food” He has provided as He leads me.  I tend to forget that.  I need His reminders.  I am grateful that He is merciful in giving them.

I am not a big fan of fiery snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment