Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sleepless in Tulsa

I woke up this morning at about 3AM.  There were four issues that were rattling around in my brain.  Four fairly significant things.  I laid there for an hour and then gave up and went to my office, got my journal out and started writing.
You ever have a sleepless night struggling with problems you want to fix?  Thoughts at DTTB.
I am a fixer.  Probably has to do with my degree in engineering.  I love solving problems.  Some of the problems that I have to deal with are self-inflicted.  I have mentioned that I am in a couple of studies in the book of Jeremiah.  Judah was facing the consequences of self-inflicted challenges.  Rather than turning to God and trusting Him to solve the problems that their disobedience created, they chose to ask for help from other nations and from gods that they made of wood and stone.  That did not work out very well for them.

So one element of my struggle today was working through, praying through, trusting God rather than trying to fix the problems.  As a type A, with a bias for action, to stop and ask, consider if my plans are really what God wants me to do is not my default position.

So today was a day of reflection and reading a book that my wife showed me a few months ago.  I scanned it this morning and read it this afternoon.  I would highly recommend it.  It is Mark Batterson’s, The Circle Maker.  When I woke up the book was on my mind with the four issues.  After I wrote for a while in my journal, I started scanning the book.  This was one of those times when the Lord directed me to fellowship with a brother through a book that codified and helped me get a partial handle on what I needed to be doing.

I have not got this Christian life thing completely figured out yet.  In fact I am finding daily areas in which I am woefully inadequate.  Mark’s book helped pull some scripture together for me.  Had a good time with him this afternoon in the Word and in prayer through the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment