Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, January 10, 2014

Reluctant Ambassador

Sometimes when I have an opportunity to speak to someone about Christ I don’t.  I get nervous.  I am concerned about how they will respond.  I become more interested in what they may think of me than I am about their standing with Christ.  I am not proud of that.  It is my reality though.
Not every time I have an opportunity to share Christ, do I actually share...  Thoughts at DTTB.
This morning I was reading in Psalm 67:1 – 2.  That took me on a short journey through a couple of other passages:
  • 1 Peter 1:10 – 12
  • 1 Peter 4:10 – 11
The summary of what I saw is that when we speak to someone about Christ:
  • It is by God’s grace not our initiative.
  • We are being sent by the Holy Spirit.
  • We are to speak as if we were speaking the utterances of God.
Paul says in 2 Corinthians 5:20 that we are ambassadors who beg people to be reconciled to God.  Truth is more often than not I feel more like a beggar than an ambassador.

Somehow this mix of passages encouraged me.  I am not sure that understanding this will keep all the butterflies in my stomach at bay, but I am both comforted and challenged that when the opportunity to share Christ is there, God’s grace and the Holy Spirit have placed me there to speak “the utterances of God.”  I pray for that grace to overwhelm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment