Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, November 17, 2014

Structure in 2 Timothy 1 – Part 2

We started yesterday in 2 Timothy 1:1 to see how structure helps us observe more in the text.  I am not going to stop on every marker in this series but I will I this first verse.
Structure in 2 Timothy 1 – Part 2
The second marker is “according to,” it is not on your list.  It is one I have added as I have worked with this over the years.  It tells us the source or the context from which some action or idea emerges.

From yesterday we saw that the instrumentation of Paul’s apostleship was the will of God.  Here God’s will is “according to” His promise of life in Christ.  Paul’s apostleship was grounded in the will of God which was informed by or constrained, if you will, by God’s intention, promise to give life through Christ.

In my estimation, that is huge.  It explains Paul’s drive.  It helps me to understand why he penned passages like 2 Corinthians 5:14 – 21.

What would it be like to know that you were chosen by God because of His promise to provide life through His Son, to be an ambassador to those who do not know this message?  How would that impact your thinking?  How would that change the trajectory of your life?

Guess what…

Posts in this series:
The Influence of Structure
Structure in 2 Timothy 1

No comments:

Post a Comment