Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

Shaken

As you work your way through the Bible do you find your understanding of God or the Christian life challenged, shaken?  It happens to me quite a bit.  I find that my understanding of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit and the way they interact with me as a believer constantly being challenged.
What do you do when your view of God or the Christian life is challenged?  Thoughts at DTTB.
Today was no exception.  I was reading in Psalm 71 and got as far as the first phrase in verse 5, “for you are my hope…”  Stunned.  Stopped.  Romans 5:3 – 5 leaped to mind.  I turned there.  Then I checked the Greek Old Testament (The Septuagint) to see if the Hebrew was translated with the same Greek “hope” that is in Romans 5:3 – 5, it is.

So like the post a couple of days ago on the pursuit of righteousness, there is a nagging feeling that I have been viewing hope incorrectly.  I have not validated this yet, but it is beginning to look like the hope that does not disappoint is Christ.  Which calls into question a number of other things that I thought I understood about Romans 5.  When this happens I find myself driven further into the Word.

I need to do a topical study on “hope”.

No comments:

Post a Comment