Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rhythm and Timing

Not That
No not birth control, life.  If you have been paying attention you will notice that you life has ebbs and flows.  It may be that certain times of the year are harder for you than others.  There is a multiple part solution to that reality that I might suggest.
  • Journal daily about your walk with God.
  • Engage continually and consistently in ministry to other people.
  • Write a daily blog.
I will eventually write more on each of these but I want to focus on the last one first.
What moderates life's ups and downs?  Thoughts at DTTB.

External Focus
This blog has turned out to be a leveling influence in my walk with God.  This is not done so people will read it, it is done out of obedience to something that the Lord laid on my heart.  This is written for Him.  What I have discovered, I have to continually pursue Him, even when I do not feel like it, in order to be in any way faithful to write here daily.  I have noticed in the past two years that this daily exercise has served to moderate the yearly mood swings.  Sure there are times when I am more encouraged than others.  But the amplitude of the variations has lessened.

The common denominator for the multiple part solution suggested above is simple.  It is an outward focus on God and others and not so much on me.

Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment