Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Assisted Living

Dependent
Working through the last section of Psalm 119 this morning, I was struck once again and deeply about how dependent on God we are even to follow Him.  Look at 119:169 - 170.  David begs The Lord to allow his prayer to be heard and he begs for deliverance.
How does the Holy Spirit assist us to follow God?  Thoughts at DTTB.
Pervasive
Thinking through this I was drawn to 1 Corinthians 2, John 16:13, and Romans 8:26, read through those and note how we are described and how the role the Spirit plays in our life is described.  I noted:
  • I do not know how or for what to pray
  • The Spirit dwells in me and knows my heart
  • The Spirit knows the heart and mind of both the Father and the Son
  • The Spirit prays according to God (the reference to God's will is supplied by the translators for clarity but It seems to soften the impact of the thought that Paul wrote in the Greek.)
Complete
The depth of my helplessness and ignorance is immeasurable.  The depth of the Spirit's knowledge is unfathomable.  

Romans 8 tells me I have been:
  • Foreknown
  • Predestined
  • Called
  • Justified
  • Glorified
Comprehensive
By the God who sent the Spirit to lead me through the process and lead me into the truth.  God's plan to save me is comprehensive.  It takes into account my complete and utter helplessness by supplying the Spirit who knows the mind of God toward me to indwell, lead, guide, and pray me through the messes I create along this journey.

Overwhelming assisted living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment