He did this three ways:
- He questioned the Word of God, “Has God said?” There are at least three implications of this question:
- We cannot trust what we read or hear there is something beyond what is on the surface of what we can observe or hear.
- The source is really not God.
- We are not able to understand what God said or we misunderstood Him.
- He contradicted what God said essentially calling God a liar. This has at least two implications:
- It calls into questions the trustworthiness of God. If we cannot believe what He says, we cannot trust Him.
- It suggests that the messages of God are false.
- He claims that we can become God. Again two possible implications.