Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Why Journal?

About this time last year I was working through Genesis 11:6 – 7 (here @ Bible Gateway).  I was struggling with the “same language” and therefore they can do anything concept.
Why Journal?
I write out the passages in my journal along with those with which I use as cross references.  For Genesis 11:6 – 7 (here @ Bible Gateway) I also looked at:
I was confused.  I wrote out that confusion.  It was clear that one of the reasons we have difficulty getting things done is communication.  Yet it was God who confused the speech and He wants us to be unified.  But we don’t have the same language and when we do sometimes we do not define the words in the same way.

In the middle of the next sentence I got it.  There is a break on the page in my journal with “OH” written.

I saw that the real issue was that the Lord wanted us to trust Him in what we do rather than our ability to figure it out or communicate clearly.

That is one of the benefits of keeping a journal.  Writing out your thoughts helps to clarify your thinking.  You do not have to do it like I do.  Do what works for you.

But try it.  Stick with it.  It will be of great benefit in your understanding of Scripture and your relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment