Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, January 19, 2018

My Take on the Thought Problem

Yesterday I suggested you take a look at these four passages:
My Take on the Thought Problem

The challenge was to summarize what you saw there.

Here are my thoughts:
  • There seems to be a continual rejection of God’s Word in the Body today.  In that denominations and institutions which used to focus on the Word of God and work hard at understanding and following it have moved away from that to embrace or negotiate with cultural norms and pressures. 
  • There is a limit to how much of this rejection of His Word God will tolerate.
  • We in the Body tend to measure ourselves by how we are doing relative to other bodies and believers.  That would be sin.
  • My focus has to be to study, speak, and act in accordance with God’s Word.
What did you see?

1 comment:

  1. These are not new "problems" with God's people. Moses used "remember" with reference to the Law around 28 times in Deuteronomy. They didn't even make it into the Promised Land until they had started to forget. It's been true throughout the ages. Look at the nations of the Reformation. And I'm sad to say that I personally struggle to "remember" what I once knew and need to continually be pulled back "into compliance."

    ReplyDelete