- An open door for the gospel – an opportunity to share
- That he may make the gospel clear.
- 8 – Philosophy, deception, men’s traditions, elementary principles of the world
- 16 – Ritualistic worship
- 18 – Self-abasement, worship of angels, visions, intellectualism
With those things pressing in on him and competing for the attention of his audience he asks for a door and clarity.
Then he exhorts the Colossian believers to engage with those who are not of the faith and who are like Paul’s audience listening to the same messages. He tells them to
- 5 – conduct themselves with wisdom, to make the most of each opportunity
- 6 – speak with grace, and respond to each person individually