Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Why We Are Forgiven

Ever stop to consider why God forgave you through His Son?  If you have, the answer, most likely, will center on you, it does for me…  Something on the order of, “He forgave me so that I can _________,” fill in the blank…
If someone asked why God forgave you, how would you answer?  Thoughts at DTTB.
John paints a strikingly different picture in 1 John 2:12.  He says that we have been forgiven for His name’s sake.  That gives me pause.  It takes a bit to wrap one’s head around that.  That we were forgiven not for our sake but for His name’s sake.

Think through all the implications of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment