Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Familiar Ground

I use the book of 2 Peter in all of my workshops.  There are several reasons for this.  First is the length.  It is 61 verses.  Most people can read it in 15 or 20 minutes.  That is the amount of time I give people to read it in the workshops.
Ever joined a group and you find you have already studied the book?  How do you respond?  Thoughts at DTTB.
Second, the book is packed with information.  There are several critical topics in the book.  I won’t list them because you can find them for yourself.

This morning in Sunday school, I am not teaching, we started a four week session on 2 Peter.  There are about 10 men in the class who have been through my workshops.  So they are familiar at some level with the book.  Some have been through it twice.

I have lost count on how many times I have been through the book.  I have it memorized.  I have translated it from Greek to English.  I have outlined it more times than I can count.  However, every time I go through that book, those 61 verses, I see something new.  This time will be no different.

That is the most amazing thing about the Word of God to me.  No matter how many times I have read a section, I see something new.

The key to this is to pray what David did in Psalm 119:18.  That God would open my eyes so I can see wonderful things in His Word.  Combined with the promise of Christ in John 16:13 that pretty much guarantees that I will.

So will you.  Try it.

2 comments:

  1. A terrific commentary on the Living Word brought to us by the omniscient Holy Spirit! It's the attitude of Ps.119:18 that's vital to our spiritual life.

    Stimulating reminder, Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, your example inspires me to keep the same attitude towards the Book of life and the Teacher. Grateful!

    ReplyDelete