Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Running Chains

Back when I first started doing Bible study one of the things I did a lot was running chains.  The Bible I bought shortly after I came to Christ had side column references.  I would look at the references for the verse which I was studying and look those verses up.  Then I would look at the references for those passages and look those up.  I did that until it was obvious that the topic had changed.  I called that running chains.
Here is a simple way to extend your Bible Study...  Thoughts at DTTB.
Over the years the method has changed a bit.  After 40 years of Bible study and scripture memory, sometimes when I am studying a passage other verses or phrases that support or add to the passage I am studying come to mind.  I follow those as well as some of the side column references.

That happened this afternoon…  I was reading Isaiah 44:18 – 20 and a combination of the two approaches lead to this chain, run it with me and if you feel led, tell me what you see in the comments.

Psalm 81:12; Isaiah 6:9 – 10; 29:10; 2 Corinthians 3:14; 4:3; Romans 1:24, 26, 28; 2 Timothy 3:7

Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment