Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Rebuke

So I was in a four and a half hour meeting this afternoon that turned into a four and a half hour rebuke of my prayer life.  We were talking about how to use our DESIGN (click here for more info on DESIGN).  Dave Jewitt said one of the best ways to use one’s DESIGN is to pray daily over it…  Ok, not doing that.
Ever feel like you are getting clear correction from the Lord?  Thoughts at DTTB.
Then when operating in one’s DESIGN and troubles come, rather than dealing with them directly, ask the Lord what we should do about the problem, if anything.  My MO is to go fix it.  So again…

Then we talked about how when we become angry, anxious, or fearful, that is a sign that we are not trusting God.  Yeah, I know that… so the answer is we need to ask God for what are we not trusting Him.  Prayer again…  Rats, I just try to figure it out without asking…

Then David came to mind.  Seven times it is recorded in 1 and 2 Samuel that the Philistines came up against David.  He was a warrior.  He did not respond by taking up arms or coming up with a battle plan.  He prayed.  He asked the Lord what he should do.  Should I fight them?  Then the Lord would tell him what to do.

If I had been David I would have been in the battle before I even thought about the Lord…

I have some growing to do in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment