Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Purposeful Affliction

Purposeful Affliction

Consider 2 Corinthians 4:16 – 18 (here @ BibleGateway).  What do you see there as the purpose for affliction?  Now consider Psalm 119:71 (here @ BibleGateway).  Note the connection, affliction.  On the one hand to draw us to glory, on the other to help us learn His Word.

All that we go through regardless of whether it is illness or persecution is in our lives intentionally.  It is for the purpose of drawing us near to Him.  

In 2 Corinthians 4, the context is that, as weak men, we are given the ministry of reconciliation.  Weak and afflicted, so that people are drawn to Him, not us.

2 comments:

  1. Again, not a popular message, but oh so true. Too often, in my ministry with Young Life, I unconsciously drew kids to myself instead of Jesus. Inevitably I would fail them, whereas Christ never did. Having realized that late in life, I endeavor now to make my weaknesses known, and point people to Jesus as my only hope. And it took affliction to get me to this point. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian thank you for sharing that. It takes incredible trust in Him to be vulnerable as you have there.

      Delete