Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, November 2, 2018

Consider

Not sure how you respond to most of the messages you hear at church; for most of the week I have been writing to sort out my response to what I heard last Sunday measured against the response I detected in the congregation.  I am up to 13 pages.  Not going to share all of that here, but I do want to share some.
Consider

First, though, I would encourage you to do something similar.  That is, when you are struggling or thinking through an issue, write about it.  Doing so will do at least a couple of things for you.  First, the discipline will force you to think through the issue.  Second, it will help you codify and crystalize your thinking, making it easier or more effective for you to communicate your thoughts should you need to do so.  As an encouragement to engage in this, I would recommend you listen to John Piper’s message about David Brainerd.

The issue I was struggling with led me to consider Hebrews 10:23 – 25 (here @ Bible Gateway).  That part of my paper is 2.5 pages single spaced, so I will have to share it over several posts.  It will be an example of what I mean by writing out your thoughts and questions.

In preparation, why not spend some time reading and reflecting on Hebrews 10:23 – 25 (here @ Bible Gateway).  Write down your observations.  I will begin to share mine tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment