Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Corollary to Grace in the Midst

Yesterday we looked at Exodus 9:16 (I won’t rehearse the point).  There is more.
Corollary to Grace in the Midst

Look at Exodus 10:1 – 2, while it is the case that the purposes of God in all that He does that we experience, either good or bad, is to reveal His nature and character to the world.  Look at what He expects from us.

“…that you may tell in the hearing of your son, and of your grandson, how I made a mockery of the Egyptians and how I performed My signs among them, that you may know that I am the LORD”

We are expected to relate to our children and their children what we have seen God do in and for our lives.

Men that is primarily your responsibility.  Look at Deuteronomy 6:4 – 7, 20 – 21.

Incredible opportunity and assignment.

1 comment:

  1. This is truly an awesome responsibility, and a failure at this is behind so many descendants of apparently God-fearing men not only failing to follow God but even becoming enemies to at least a degree. David and Hezekiah come to mind in Scripture, but more current examples sadly come to mind. I thank God very frequently, nearly daily, for my and Sharon's godly heritages which included many shortcomings, but still helped shape us with a heart inclined to God and want deep in our hearts to follow and serve Him.

    I will admit to a great sense of responsibility with as great a sense of inadequacy, especially without Sharon, on how to do that. She had invested deeply, pouring herself into the lives of our girls while they were home then praying, writing and calling and visiting as possible as they went out on their own. Now there are the grandchildren......
    Thankfully I have the Holy Spirit and prayer. At lest it's a place to start as I continue to seek other ways.

    ReplyDelete