Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, January 18, 2014

No Other Good

Psalm 16 is a rich vein.  Out of that vein we are going to attempt in the next couple of days to mine a couple of nuggets.  Take a few minutes now and read through Psalm 16.  You might want to take note of those verses that really grab your attention.  Do it now, I’ll wait…
What do you consider good in your life?  Thoughts at DTTB.
In just about every verse there is some gold.  But for our purposes let’s start in verse 2.  David says he has no other good besides God.  Wow.  I do not know about you but when I read that I understand why God called David a man after God’s own heart.  When I look at my life and heart compared to David’s I am pretty sure that I cannot say that I have no other good apart from God.  There are many other things I desire or consider good.

The reality is that He is my only good.  All that I have is from Him.  It is my shortcoming that I do not immediately recognize that truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment