Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Why Study the Bible Yourself

Two weeks ago, today, on our church's website and on Facebook, I shared why it is critical for each of us to study the Word of God ourselves.  Let me know what you think.  It is less than 30 minutes long.  It was too big to upload so click here to play.  Note the player is muted when it starts click on the speaker icon on the bottom of the video frame to turn on the sound.  Come back here to comment please.

3 comments:

  1. What fun, Mike - like cool water in a thirsty land! Thanks so much for the rich encouragement.

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mick, this is the first time I have ever posted anything online so please forgive for any issues. I am so glad I came across your blog Dad Teaching the Bible and the videos over the last few days. Let me explain why. I have been reading and studying Howard Hendricks's book "Living By The Book". I have read the first couple of chapters so many times due to my desire to “some how” but my thoughts all together in one place.
    I have always wanted to dive deeper into the Word. For knowledge and for being able to answer issues at work and the outreach we are starting in our area. Due to the events of the day. I have found that the expository endeavors led me countless redos and multiple attempts to try to compile all my thoughts into an organized and somewhat understandable way of compiling everything. Weeks have gone by and I somehow came across your old sight started in 2014. What a blessing. When I first watched it, it kinda overwhelmed me. So I took my time and then I was able to just follow you. Now all I want to do is learn more on how to develop it more why to build upon what you have started. Do you have more videos, if so please give me the hyperlinks. My email is arshiffer@gmail.com I would love to talk more

    ReplyDelete