Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Friday, March 6, 2020

Priests

I am not Catholic.  I have been to two Catholic weddings, and I went with a close friend to a men’s meeting at his parish, one Wednesday morning.  That is about as close as I’ve come.  However, I read that I am a priest.  If you are a believer, one who has trusted Christ for your salvation, then you are as well.
Priests
Consider these passages:


It seems that as those who have trusted Christ, we are priests.  What do you see as the implications of that reality?  I have some thoughts I will share in subsequent posts.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had more time to consider this important issue but sadly too many bigger dogs are snapping at my heels. I remember at least two Bible studies I had in the rather distant past that had a Roman Catholic member. One I became quite sure he truly trusted Christ, and I think the other also did although from my perspective there were a number of questionable minor issue.

    The O.T. priests served the people by offering sacrifices to Yhwh in the tabernacle/temple for the sins of the people and taught the Law. Their sacrifices covered, but did not forgive, the penalty to their or the peoples' sins because they were also sinners. They pointed ahead to Jesus who came as our Great High Priest and offered Himself a the ultimate sacrifice satisfying the Law of God in death for the sins of those who would trust Him for it.

    None of us have all our theology completely straight (OK, I speak for myself....) so I find myself disagreeing with others on minor (compared to this one) points of theology and practice. But by faith in what Christ did on the cross as our sacrifice wraps us in one family.

    I look forward to someday reuniting with Roman Catholic believers. Then we will all begin to get our creaky theology straight. What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thoughts on the Levitical priests, would really like to hear what you think about us as priests - when the dogs are at bay...

      Delete