Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Casting Burdens

Are there passages that the Lord continues to use in your life?  Psalm 55 is one of those for me.  A couple of weeks ago that Psalm spoke to me yet again.  Look at Psalm 55:22.
Casting Burdens
In that verse David describes one imperative for us that results in two actions by the Lord.
  • We cast our burden on the Lord
  • He sustains us
  • He will not allow us to be shaken
That picture in itself is sustaining.  But there is more.  I remembered other verses with that same imagery:
  • 1 Peter 5:6 – 7 (more casting)
  • Philippians 4:6 – 7 (how to cast)
Coming to the Lord, bearing my soul to Him, casting my burden on Him:
  • Sustains me 
  • Makes me unshaken
  • Humbles me
  • Exalts me
  • Guards my heart
  • Guards my mind
It is not that the requests are granted.  It is that assured confidence that the sovereign king of the universe is involved in my life, intentionally.  I can rest and have peace that he is engage in whatever I am dealing with at the time.

That is a good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment