Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Seeing, No Hearing Patterns

Today
This afternoon I drove from Tulsa to Huntsville, TX.  Came down here to pick up my dad to bring him back to Tulsa to be with our family for Christmas.  For the past several months when I travel I have been listening to the Bible.  Today I listened to Acts once and the Gospel of John just about twice.
Seeing, NO, Hearing Patterns

Redeeming the Time
Usually I am more of a visual and kinetic learner.  However, I have learned in the last few months that when I have been studying a passage, and then listen to it, I hear things that I did not see in the overview or in the section by section analysis.

Different Perspective
Today I heard something in Acts 13 that will help me with a current project, and heard a pattern in John dealing with locations in the book that gives me a line of inquiry for the book that I had missed.  The point is that we need to immerse ourselves in the Word.  Whether we read or listen.  The more we expose ourselves to a book, the more we will observe.

1 comment:

  1. Repeated listening of the same book of the Bible has been one of my ways to immerse myself into and grasp the contents of the text.
    ESV Hear the Word Audio Bible: The Bible for Life -- is my tool.

    ReplyDelete