Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Monday, February 6, 2012

Solitude

One of the key words in the Gospel of Mark is “immediately.”  If you took the word out of the book it would be a couple of chapters shorter.  Mark starts off with a bang.  In chapter 1 we have recorded one of Christ’s busiest days.  Read through it.  Look what he does the next morning, verse 35.  I don’t know about you, but after a day like that I would have slept in.  The model here is that we have to get away from people and get time with the Father.


For the last two days, since Saturday morning, I have been sitting under a tree in Arkansas.  My son John has been publishing these last few posts for me.  I have learned that I have to get away from the phone, the computer, the television, people.  I do not get to do it enough.  It allows me to just be still.  To thin, read the Word, and Journal.  I highly recommend the practice.  It is the best way I know to actually apply Psalm 46:10.  You may not want to backpack out to the middle of a wilderness, but I would encourage you to get away from all the usual distractions and focus on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment