Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Majesty on Display

I wrote this two weeks ago but when I tried to publish it I did not have a signal.  So here it is now.  I just finished another post which I will publish tomorrow.  I am traveling and this location's internet is spotty at best.  So... we'll see.

I am in the backseat of my car on Interstate 80 headed for Pinedale, WY.  My idea of rest is to put 50 pounds on my back and walk about 45 miles in the wilderness at or above timberline.
Majesty on Display
I get overwhelmed by what God has done.  The level of detail, the incredible beauty, and if no one walks in there it is only for His pleasure.  Romans 1:19 – 20 reminds us as well as Psalm 19:1 – 6 that what we see in the wilderness, for that matter, everywhere in the world is the work of God’s hand.  We can learn much about Him.

One quick observation.  One of the places we will visit this week is the Titcomb basin, Google it, there are persistent snow fields in the basin, acres of them.  On the other side of the pass at the north in sits the highest mountain in Wyoming, Gannet, surrounded by the seven largest glaciers in the continental USA.  The snow fields and the glaciers were formed from snowflakes; none of which were duplicates.  Think about that.  If it were me, I would have used at least a few duplicates, more efficient.  But, no.  God used a bunch of uniquely made snowflakes about of which He informed Job He has storehouses where He keeps them for later use.

Personally, I cannot comprehend the level of detail in which God engages.  There is more than snow.  Each rock, each plant, is intentionally placed.  Based on Colossians 1:17 He holds it all together, all the time.

That is not just true of the Wind River Range.  It is true of all of His creation.

We should thank Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment