Pages

Sign up to be notified of new blog post.

If you are not getting notifications of the blog posts by e-mail and would like to, click here. Make sure that you give us at least your first name.


I promise we will never give or sell your info to others.


You might also want to visit Entrusting Truth to find out more about what we do. My book and workbook Your Walk, their walk are available there as well as at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Translate

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Tried

Psalm 66 has started me on many journeys through the Word, one of them I shared here.  Three days ago the psalm struck again.  This time the focus was on the purpose and result of God’s refining work in our life.
Tried
Look at Psalm 66:9.  The psalmist praises God for keeping us in life and not allowing our feet to slip.  How?  As I wrote earlier, through refining us.

Now read Psalm 66:12.  The last phrase is the focus.  The psalmist praises God for bringing us through refining into abundance (in the NASB a place of is supplied by the committee, it is not in the original).

This has been a challenge for me in my prayer this week.  It has reminded me that I am to be thankful for ALL that the Lord brings my way.  That includes the fourfold means of refining in Psalm 66:10 – 12.

When times are hard, when things are not going well, I need to remember who is in control and what His goals are for me, my refining.

Then I need to give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment